There are lots of different factors to consider when using the word “reliability” in reference to website design and consulting. Here are a few that come to mind for me:
- reliability of the consultant to be clear and responsible, to follow through, and to make smart choices to provide a solid foundation for your website project
- use of a platform that won’t be obsolete as soon as you’ve launched, that continues to grow and develop, that is well maintained and frequently patched, and that’s as future-proof as possible in a field marked by relentless (and intentional) disruption
- selection of a good server and other IT infrastructure to provide ample security, speed, and all the other unseen but crucial technology pieces that make a a site work well
- flexibility to grow, so you’re not limited by your initial vision
- support, training, and responsiveness to make sure your needs continue to be met over the lifespan of your project
Reliability of WordPress as a Website Platform
Look to a future post that will outline why WordPress is the most reliable platform to use for most website projects, both at the time of writing and for the foreseeable future. Eventually something will supersede it, as with all technologies in this rapidly evolving field, but there are no persuasive signs that a better product exists now for most small organizations.
If you want to read this future post, subscribe to our newsletter by filling out the simple form in the right sidebar of this page. If you don’t want to wait, I’ll be happy to tell you verbally. . . just get in touch!